Sunday, March 18, 2007

The week before Spring Break

This has been a busy one. Justin was out of town from Thursday the 1st, (I had to get my calendar down to remember it all.) until Thursday the 8th. He went with Matt to Washington D.C. to a meeting. Matt is the chairperson for the Governors Council for Disabilities. Justin went to do patient care and to interpret for him. Busy week for both of us. I survived but my house was on its death bed. We were planning on me driving down to get him from the airport on Friday but we found out his parents were planning on driving up. They had switched their time share from San Diego to Flagstaff and were staying there for a week.

Finally Justin made it home on Friday evening. The whole family was very happy to see him. He brought gifts from the air and space museum.

The next day Saturday we spent catching up with the Harris'. They brought the horses so we went out to the Ranch and rode around. At the condo they have a little goofy golf course. Granny loved taking the boys there. They did such a good job. On Sunday we went to church and then had dinner over at the condo. It was a nice evening. We met up multiple times throughout the week. Each boy got to spend some special time with Granny and Linsay. Then this bunch of Harris' were back home by Thursday evening.

The rest of the week was crazy. I had volunteered for multiple things with Sam's school not realizing that we would have family up all week. I ended up working for twenty hours. Thank you Vonessa for watching the kids. The check is in the mail.

That was Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. During the later part of the week Justin's cousin Angela Dennison called and said that they were in town that week also. They wanted to spend time with us on Friday night. I was excited because she has 3 girls and our kids tend to play well together. Did I mention that I called my Dad earilier in the week and invited him up for a day or two. I heard he had the whole week off and it would be fun to have him visit. So on Friday morning at 7:15 my dad called and said he was on his way. Yipee (Doesn't he know we don't wake up until 7:30 at the earliest?) I got Keaton up and off to school. He rode his bike with the neighbor. Then Sam woke with a wet bed, he got a bath. Nellie saw the bath water and was ready to hop in. After that I needed to wait for the hot water to replenish for my own shower, quick as it is. All of a sudden it was 9:30, I voluteered in Keatons class to bring a St. Patrick's Day project. (dyed noodles and yarn for necklaces) Grabed all the now clean kids and ran to his school. It was great fun. All the kids enjoyed not doing real school work. My Dad drove just fast enough, or slow enough to get to my house while I was at school. He came over and met Keaton's teacher. Great fun. Miss. McFall is great with Keaton. She gives him just enough room to express himself. Every time I see her she says, "I just love your son."

Finally we got home. Grandpa was tired so he got a nap. I prepared a snack to take to Sam's teachers for thier planning day without the kids. That night we went to the Olive Garden with Angela and Tyler and the girls. Grandpa paid for us Harris' (THANK YOU). Angela checked on the Lowell Observatory times for viewing. We went up the hill. It was amazing. We saw Saturn, Venus, a star nursery in Orions belt, M-35, M-81, M-82, and the bathrooms. It was a great time. Maybe next time we will take just the big kids or none at all.

As we were up on the hill of the observatory the wind brought in all the smoke from the prescribed burn they had to the west. It got very sneezy, and coughy (not coffee). Gratefully the wind didn't carry it all the way to our house. We had a very nice night. Grandpa stayed with us and was even comfortable. (Right Grandpa? As soon as you send me pictures I'll put them up)

That was last week now into Spring Break - day 1

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Wow, you're busy! That's what happens to people who move to the cool country (that's cool as in weather). Relatives visit. See you this summer!
Love, Mom

Leslie said...

I love it! Thanks for the highlights. Sounds like you had a great time. It was weird to not see Grandpa when he was up with you.
Love you!
Les.
jnkkhf

Anonymous said...

It was a ton of fun being with the Harris fambly for 24 hours! Nellie can say Grandpa really well, plus some other stuff, like Cereal, which I had to try all kinds of...Kix, Triz, and Cocopuffs! When you chew them all up it is just a little bit of powder...no wonder kids are thin. The meal at Olive Garden was good, and the visit to the Observatory ... well it was really good for a couple of hours, but the last hour or so Grandpa was just a teenie bit Grumpa...so he got to sit out the last innings on a bench in the lobby.

The bed was better than I expected, Keaton. Thanx! for moving to the couch for me.

I'd do it again in a minute....

Grandpa