Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Home Remedy

Keaton has had limited experience with red ants. Unlike his parents who grew up with them as neighbors. Since moving up to flagstaff the boys have located a red ant hill in our neighbor John's yard. They like to go over and kill them with their friends. They have come to the conclusion that if they were to be bitten by a red ant the extremity would swell up with poison and eventually turn red like the ant and fall off. The other day while talking to Mom, Keaton comes into to room with a dire look on his face. He tells me that he was bitten by a red ant. I (being the loving and sympathetic mother that I am) wanted to tell him to suck it up. Instead I said, "Here tell Nana." Nana told him the old home remedy of baking soda and water. Just a little she said then mix it like play dough and put it on the bit. After I finished talking to Nana I went into the kitchen and saw this...

Yes it looks like the children in the neighborhood are bad examples. Or my son is the dealer. Either way this is pure stuff.

My question is, how big could that ant really have been?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Good thing you splurged on baking soda for your freezer the other day. So prepared!
Les.
P.S. Keaton, I hope you're recovering nicely.