Happy New Year,
We had some neighbors come over to celebrate.
Every hour, starting around 10:00 we would yell Happy New Year. The Merrell family came over last year also and they left around 9:00 so I kept thinking that they would want to go and we wouldn't be able to really party. They lasted this year, all the way to 12:03. Vahoo! All the kids were great to the very end, some of them quite confused at how some years last so long and others for only and hour.
Justin's new position at his company started on the second of January.
Bummer because the position is in the valley. This means that until our house is sold he is living 4 days in Mesa and the weekend up here. We're so glad when daddy comes home.
Keaton, Sam and Nellie spent a night in Sedona.
Granny and Pappy spent some time in Sedona at the beginning of the month. Since they were so close they came up to visit, Granny even offered to take all three kids for a slumber party at their hotel. I was so excited for them to spend some time in Sedona. Keaton became a Junior Ranger and got a badge and everything.
We went to the Grand Canyon
It was a three day weekend with nothing to do. Did you know that the Grand Canyon gets cold in the winter. Nellie sure liked sitting in the car. "Tiber, Tiber" Keaton loved it. He loved all the science stuff about it. "how old is it, how deep is it, tell me more"It was great fun and we were so glad that Daddy was able to go with us. He has such a better eye for pictures than Mom.
We went to an NAU Girls Basketball game.
I went skiing.
When the kids are away the mother will play. (right) Great fun! It was so beautiful and exciting to ski. The bunny hill was the perfect speed for me. Silly me didn't realize it until I went to Midway and had to ski down. If I did it again I would probably look at the map before I chose the steepest route. Thank you Ski Patrol.



Did I mention we spoke in church.
The topic was on Agency and Accountability. I learned so many new things by studying those two topics together. The biggest thing that I had never realized was that we had agency before we came to earth. We made a choice to come to earth so Satan wanted to take away our agency, something that is as dear and precious as intelligence. Could you imagine?
My own, not so much. But when I put Nellie's hair up and it looks cute and it stays there is just a tiny sense of pride in my heart. I don't think that there is a person out there who didn't wonder if my daughters hair would ever be done.
Cooking dinner is so fun when we do it together.
The snow just won't stop coming.
It starts to melt off. Then that night it freezes everywhere only to be snowed on again. I still love it and the romantical feeling of snow. But practical feelings are different. I think that if my driveway wasn't a hill and I continually worried whether I would be able to leave or come home then I would think differently. Also I tend to be the one you see on the side of the road with tires stuck in snow banks.
The first only gave me 20 minutes notice on a snow day. The others company forgot to call all together. Nellie was running around after a bath. Well as Sam says the kindergarten motto is, "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit"
And one of them made a bid.
It was just what we were looking for. Everything is going good. We already had the inspection and everything. The closing date is Feb 20th but we are moving on the 16th. You know the Elders Quorum, they only volunteer on Saturday's.
We found a house
As soon as we found out that we wouldn't have to wait until next fall to sell our house it was Justin's job to find us a new one. It is exciting to think of moving. Change and all. Justin looked all day at 13 houses. He narrowed it down for me and we picked this one.
We got to visit with cousins while we looked for a house. Thanks Leslie for your time and space!
Nellie is a Big Girl
Last Thursday she said that she wanted to wear undies like Pierce Baby (A friend that had come over the night before). It was a wierd thing because Pierce Baby wears diapers. We tried a day or two and it seemed promising if I dedicated every 1/2 hour to her for the rest o f my life. Over the weekend we were in Mesa and neither or I thought about the panties. As soon as we came home she wanted them on again. Yesterday was a whole lot better than last week. But today oh geez! No messes all day. She even slept in her panties last night and didn't mess all night. (I know everyone will you knock on wood for me.) I am very proud but trying to keep from jumping for joy. Maybe next week.
One thing I want the world to know is that I love these three kids more than anything in the world! When they are happy it makes my world happy. They are the ones that keep me hoping!
4 comments:
What a wonderful adventure in your life! Thanx! for sharing. We love them, too.
Grandpa Parker
I am so excited for you! what an awesome January!
First of all, I'm SO SORRY Nellie! Poor baby. I hope it feels better than it looks.
You figured out the Read More thing. You rock.
Les.
I'm amazed you are able to stay so upbeat in the middle of winter. I struggle with that. Good job.
-Al
Post a Comment