Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cutest thing

I found the Baby Bobbi Bear, it is the cutest thing. Yes I found it just as soon as I packed up all my yarn and needles. They are away for a month at least. I did keep out Justin's sweater that I have been working on for over a year. I thought that would give me a little boost to finish it. Well I guess this leads into the update. We are closing on our house on the 20th officially. Because that is in the middle of the week we decided that it would be better to move on the weekend so our last day here is Saturday. It took lots of calling and worrying but we found an apartment complex in the valley that rents month to month. We need month to month because we already put a bid on a house and we hope it will go through however, we don't know when. It is a short sale. So this last week I have been packing up the house. I would have to pat myself on the back if it wasn't starting to hurt. The only problem is figuring out what we will need to take to the apartment and what goes to the storage unit. Mom is doing great with her knee. She is getting real good at the standing thing. We are so proud. (Ok so I know nothing for sure but I constantly check up on Leslie who is the one taking care of it all down there) The kids had their Valentine parties today. What fun. Justin and I went to Sam's class for the festivities and we decided we are crashing school Valentine parties for the rest of our lives. Nellie and visit enough to Sam's class that she was put on the list to recieve Valentines. Now, as you can imagine,she is strung out on sugar. Better to get it out of the way right? Fine I was in the other room and didn't notice how much he was eating of it. ( She is singing the Chipmunk song, Christmas Christmas time is here, time for nah nah huuu a huuuu then on to: No one likes a brownie face, change it for tomorrow, make me world a better place by smiling all da while. She is running in circles in the office.) I was thinking through all this moving stuff and having a sense of closer for the kids(ok for me). So today was a great party day and then tomorrow would be the last day of the week and we could all say goodbye to the teachers. But guess what! You got it they already canceled school for tomorrow. Well that ruins the closer thing. I guess we can make cards after we move and mail them to the school. Yeah family home evening idea. Did I mention we have a mouse. I was raised where you could get mice every once in awhile. I also understand the unusual weather that has led the little creature to find refuge. I CAN'T STAND IT. It makes my spine shiver. We caught it under the stove then (Justin) threw it away. We caught it again in our closet. Now it is hanging out in the t.v. room creeping me out. (No, not the same one incarnate. Three mice) My head is starting to hurt and every third word is coming up with a spelling mistake that I have to fix so nighty night. All in all I found a really cute bear and company with other cute knitting patterns so that is my wonderful reward when all this moving is done. It will even give me incentive to
unpack.

1 comment:

The Parkers said...

Good luck with the move. It's almost killed me every time.
-al