Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's

Monday night we set out to make and finish 82 Valentine's. It was great fun. Keaton is such a great budding artist. Sam is so thoughtful, and sharing for everyone.

This is the quilt that I made for Keaton's teacher. I went in one day last week and taught each kid how to crochet a chain. I took each of their chains and sewed them on in heart shapes. When we gave it to Mrs. Lasher today she was so happy. She couldn't figure out what I could make out of all those yarn chains other than a Rasta hat.
Sweet kids on a beautiful Sunday.
This tree blanket I made for Sam's teacher. He insisted that the back be purple because that is her favorite color. Those are the children's hands waving in the breeze. Mrs. Townsend was very happy to receive it. Her husband past away last spring break so each holiday this year has been difficult. She is a strong woman.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Those quilts are such a good idea and so cute! You are very talented young lady. :)
I hope you are having a good Valentines day! So you guys are moving back to the valley? I feel like such a looser friend for not even really seeing you while we lived kind of close...kind of.
I might be in Flag on Monday because I have it off and I don't know of much else to do. If you wanna do something or go shopping or something let me know.

Kelly said...

and I just read your next blog and nevermind. :( Booo to me!

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

hey does anyone know how to get ahold of hattie or justin? The number I had for their house some lady answered and thought I was a stalker cuz I said I was trying to get ahold of her all day. The second is I guess the lady taking over for justin in Flagg so poo.
Please call me! 480-656-0332 Bishop Whiting has a house in the ward a family wants you to rent from temporarily.

The Parkers said...

Wow Hattie, you are a sewing ROCK STAR!! Oh, and maybe if you fed Keaton on Sunday mornings, he wouldn't try to sneak raw spaghetti for church.

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

http://tutusandturtles.blogspot.com/

thought you would like the knitted marshmallow peeps. For some reason they reminded me of you.
btw, thanx for teaching me how to blog serf. I am now a pro. :)