Every Tuesday afternoon (about this time) my brain starts to wander (not only limited to right now). I think some random thought that might have significance in a situation yet to be determined. In order to conserve this thought I call my Mom. I want to tell her so that she can know this and therefore I can refer back to her when I forget it. (I forget it because it isn't important to say out loud let alone remember.) However, my Mom has made it clear to me that this is a bad time to call. I should be doing something productive, like making dinner, playing with my children anything but call her at the (unconsciously predetermined) same time each week. So there might be a random thought that will pop up on this blog. Check the day and time and maybe it just might coincide with Tuesday afternoon. (hey I can even refer back when I need to)
Last weeks random thought: I am so glad my mom doesn't wear the same glasses she wore in the 80's (see I told you it was important)
Today's random thought: I wonder which spices work the best with chicken and can you put it on the chicken when it is frozen and get the same result or is it better after the chicken is thawed, but does it matter if the chicken is thawing in water doesn't that just wash it off? (All of which I can now answer myself after I say it out loud)
Well Mom, this blogs for you! (Happy later than Mother's Day)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Call me and tell me the times again for Saturday's festivities.
Dad
you thaw your chicken in water? why not in something yummy like a marinade of those spices you were wondering about?
Love it. Put the spices and marinade sauces (soy, teriyaki, etc.) on the frozen chicken in a ziploc bag and freeze it. Then just thaw in the bag in hot water or in the microwave.
LEs.
P.S. Thyme/rosemary are good herbs. Good spices are "Chicken Spice Blend"--the one with a yellow lid. ;)
That is so positively Hattie! : )
Post a Comment