Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Sports

I broke down this summer and signed up my boys for some summer sports. It is hot outside and a bad time to sit and enjoy watching and playing but I don't think I could be a nice mommy if I had to deal with sports and school each week. Sam has loved soccer for years. I signed him up at the Y. He is loving it. It is great for him to learn the basics. His team of 6 year olds get to play the team of 4 year olds. It is a real ego boost every week.

Nellie is holding her own with the brothers home for the summer.

Keaton was lucky to do two sports. Being new to the ward and stake I didn't know about Primary Softball. I signed him up for soccer too but only 3 kids his age signed up. They didn't tell me until 2 weeks into the season. (not impressed with management there) The manager incharge mentioned basketball. Not my favorite sport, but we can try it. He is doing great!

Primary Softball is for 2 weeks in the summer at 6 am. Keaton learned on the first day of practice that everyone gets hit with the ball, it is going to hurt, and you will be ok. After that he learned better ways to catch the ball. He is a pretty good slugger. I think if he stops being scared of the ball he will be really good at this sport.

Great job guys!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You're a really good mommy. No summer sports for us! ('cept softball, of course)
Les.