Wednesday, May 06, 2009
We're Jammin'
Strawberries have been silly cheap at the Souperstition Ranch Market (Main east of Greenfield). So what else is there to do but make jam for your year supply($.80 a pint). One batch I did with my sister and mother, the second was with wonderful women in my ward, the third batch was with Denise. I sure enjoy doing things with family. The kids get to play, we get to chat, and this time we got enough of a domestic feeling to last us until the tomato plant are full.
A side note on strawberry jam...Justin only likes strawberry jam. One time at the cannery I thought I would bring home lots of flavors, you know, for the variety. No Way. As soon as the strawberry was gone he made it a point to go to the store and get more. I have made plenty. We should be good until the next strawberry harvest. 9 quarts plus some smaller half pints to share with others. Wait this might not be enough. I will probably check to see if the strawberries are still good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The jam you shared with us was delish!
Post a Comment