I haven't caught on to this mom thing yet. I have wanted to have more of a schedule for my kids so they know what to expect. They all work better that way. (especially Sam) The few weeks before school I had a nervous breakdown. Literally. I had to up my prescription and everything. Hopefully this would help me as well. I think it has helped a little but procrastinator me seems to be missing something or coming up with it at the last minute if not completely to late. (hence the lack of blogging, plus I think that most of my blogging was consistent when I lived in Flag because my mom lived so far away and I wanted her to see more of my kids and life) Well a natural Prozac for me is good temperatures. The weather has changed and we are more able to keep the doors and windows open. This lets in more light (that doesn't feel hot) and I think my brain feels cleaner and less foggy. (also thanks for the blessing Justin, I love the priesthood in my home for my children and myself) How come things have to get so bad before I try to make it better (makes me sad about the world because I believe she has the same filosofy)(as I pick up the fussy baby) Maybe procrastination, foggy brain, nervous breakdown, lateness, lack of blogging might be because of a certain someone (who shall remain nameless) that lacks a schedule of his own and likes to rub our noses in it. By saying that, I am thinking of the sixteen other things I am doing (spelling with Sam, math with Keaton, sound lesson with Nellie, playing with Corbin, feeding everyone dinner, bribbing, conjoling, threatening, loving, smiling, enjoying and every other blink is getting longer and longer. (.......long pause.......) finished bathing, homework, ran a mile (uphill), scriptures, prayer, finish book for book report, decide the cookie has to be really good to eat, thinking of what fabric I have that could make a great Harry Potter robe, so on.
Having said all that, I think I want more from my days. More quality. I only have limited quanitity but why waste minutes on empty calories? Someone once told me, you place a high value on the things you spend time doing. If things that you feel are important to you are not getting accomplished or time budgeted for then the value must not be as high as you think. Instead the things that are 'wasting' time obviously have the highest value.
I am more willing now that the weather is nicer to make a dent in my list of things to do. I wish I actually wrote those things down so I could remember them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love Fall too. It's like spring cleaning time for me and my brain.
I think you do a great job at being a mom. I bet when you look back at it you'll be amazed at everything you accomplished, despite feeling foggy. I love you!
Post a Comment