Saturday, July 21, 2007

OUCH!

I figured if I am going to have to use these for awhile I might as well make them pretty!
Sorry about the pedicure! You gotta love the Birkenstocks!
This is after 3 days of icing and elfanting my foot. The color is starting to come in.
I can't find either of my ankle bumps. The doc says that it is a major sprain, might be a hairline fracture if nothing changes or gets better. Oh, I was at the stake center for the ususal tuesday volleyball. When I went for the ball I rolled my ankle and landed on the floor. There are some wonderful women that helped me not faint and moved me off the court so the rest could keep playing. Bummer that it is my right foot and I can't drive my new(to me) car. It is raining outside. You know how in Mesa when it rains the gutters fill up and it is kinda stagnant for awhile, that is until the sun come out and dries it all up. Well up here it rains and rains and for some reason (maybe the downhill that everyone lives on) the gutters rush with the water and in 5 minutes all the water is washed away. Down to the underground river. It is really amazing.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Claudia said...

Poor baby! That's terrible. Hope you're getting lots of sympathy.

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

Holy C-R-A-P! Hope you are back on your feet soon Hattie!(pun intended)

Cute van-I mean crutches though! LOL

-Kat

Unknown said...

Oh wow, that looks painful. If I was there, I'd bring you a milkshake!
-Al

Leslie said...

Ouchie! I'm so glad I get to come play with you this week. I'll be able to outrun you in the tickle fights. ;)
Love you.
Les.

Leslie said...

P.S. I can't wait to be in that rain. Save some for me. :)
Les.

Anonymous said...

Flagstaff is just one big cinder cone...so there's nothing to stop the water from going down, down, down...quickly.

Sorry to hear about your sprain...looks like a doozy. Does the Church insurance handle this?

Anonymous said...

:( I am sorry about your foot. That looks like it hurts a lot. I hope you get better soon.
Kelly