This is one of my favoritist days of the year. When I was young we would do the traditional physical pranks. I have heard of some doozies today. We used to have a tape of Wee Sing N Play. They sang a song about April Fools Day (it's a great day for playing a joke) So every year we must all say (and hear) at least once "There's a spider in your hair". Mom thinks she is sooo funny.
For a couple of years I was pretty consistently fooling my family. I would call each person and give them a story, avoiding the questions that would give it all away. One year I called my mom, while standing outside my apartment on Stapley. With the busy traffic going by I told my mom I was in an accident. For 15 minutes I had her really worried. Finally I told her April Fools. She said it wasn't very funny. After a couple of years, my sister, mom and dad would try to remind each other before I woke in the morning so they wouldn't be duped. I couldn't say anything without the response "April Fools".
This year I needed to be a little more discreet. I couldn't do it first thing in the morning. It couldn't be too drastic. It had to have only minor consequences. So be aware it is coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment